To make the work of its advisors easier, Desjardins Financial Security Independent Network created Webi, a "virtual office" for its advisors. This extranet, which is our advisors main tool, has in fact won our network a number of awards. This includes, the Bell Special Award for a company's use of new information technology, which it received at the 2002 Mercuriades Awards.
Webi is a virtual information centre that is constantly being updated - a storehouse of information for advisors. It allows them to:
- view their clients' life insurance, annuity, mutual fund and segregated fund portfolios;
- access personal e-mail;
- access their commission statements;
- get constant interest rate and rate of return updates;
- retrieve relevant information about products and markets;
- view the latest materials and tools to fine-tune their service offerings (i.e.: sales concepts and various advertising materials such as folders, kits, etc.);
- access forms and specimen contracts;
- access to the network's news.
In addition, a help desk is available to answer questions from advisors or to assist them when they are experiencing system problems.